Fort Bliss OCSA’s Community Giving committee is now
accecpting applications for Community Grants
- FBOCSA Merit Scholarships are awarded to eligible applicants planning to enroll, or enrolled in:
- a two-year college (resident or online)
- a four-year college or university (resident or online)
- a vocational school in accordance with the rules and regulations established herein.
- FBOCSA scholarships are for spouses and children of active-duty, retired,
and Gold Star service members of ALL RANKS as well as the spouses and children
of GS civilian employees. To be eligible, applicant must meet one of the
- Sponsor is assigned to the Ft. Bliss/El Paso area and applicant resides in El Paso area until at least March 28, 2015
- Stabilized High School senior (sponsor has PCS’d but the family has remained at Ft. Bliss/El Paso to allow the student to complete high school.)
- Sponsor on Unaccompanied Assignment (Sponsor has PCS’d from Ft. Bliss/El Paso to an unaccompanied assignment but the family has remained at Ft. Bliss/El Paso)
- Applications will be reviewed anonymously by a Selection Committee based on:
- academic record
- job record
- volunteer work
- participation in community-based activities
- 2 letters of recommendation
- a brief essay
- Scholarships will be awarded in each of four categories. Minimum award will be $1,000.
- High School Senior
- College Student
- Graduate Student
- Spouse of service member
- DEADLINE:The completed application and all supporting documents must be submitted together in one packet and received by March 28, 2015 to be considered. must be completed using word-processing programs. Failure to provide all required documentation will result in disqualification.
- Financial need is not considered.
- Active duty and retired service members are NOT eligible to apply for FBOCSA scholarships.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students who are homeschooled must submit their SAT/ACT scores in lieu of a GPA.
- Please download the FBOCSA 2015 Scholarship Application and Checklist for complete rules and instructions to submit scholarship applications:
- DOWNLOAD FBOCSA 2015 Scholarship APPLICATION (doc )~ and ~ CHECKLIST (doc)
- Please mail completed scholarship application packets to:
FBOCSA Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 6365
Fort Bliss, TX 79906
- Please e-mail your OCSA scholarship questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Little Bit of Bliss Gift Shop has American and military gifts, cards, embroidery, quilts, wood work, vintage items and antiques.
There is something for everyone and every occasion!
for your new home!
(on the corner of Marshall Road and Haan Road)
Fort Bliss, Texas 79906
"Bloom where you are planted."